Create TIN and/or DEMtool allows you to derive a TIN and raster DEM in one step.
The below video gives a succinct tutorial on how to use and the details of the Create TIN and/or DEM tool:
The inputs for the Create TIN and/or DEM tool are:
- Point Cloud Shapefile
- point shapefile containing the original surveyed z values. This file can be created using the Create Point Feature Class tool located under the Data Preparation tab.
- Extent Polygon
- polygon shapefile of the survey extent for the point cloud shapfile. This can be created through in GCD with the Create Survey Extent Polygon Tool.
- Spatial Reference (optional)
- can be in the form of a .prj file or a shapefile that contains a spatial reference.
- Cell Size of DEM (optional)
- The cell size to for the DEM, this option is only activated once the user checks the Create DEM option. 2 feet is currently the default
The outputs for the Create TIN and/or DEM tool are:
- TIN (optional)
- TIN created from the original surveyed values contained in the point cloud shapefile. This will not be output if the user selects the Delete TIN option
- DEM (optional)
- DEM created from the TIN. This is only created if the user selects the Create DEM option.